Terms and Conditions – NOW Bridget Mini-break prize draw
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: NOW, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.
1. This promotion is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over. Employees (or family members of employees) of Fever PR Agency, The Promotions Factory, NOW (‘‘NOW”) and any Sky UK Limited (“Sky“) companies associated with the promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the promotion.
2. There will be two promotional periods which are listed below:
i. The first promotion period opens at 00:01 GMT on Wednesday 7 th April 2021 and closes on Sunday 2nd May 2021 at 23:59 GMT (the “Promotional Period”).
ii. The second promotional period opens at 07:00 GMT on Monday 3 rd May 2021 and closes on Sunday 27th June 2021 at 23:59 GMT (the “Promotional Period”).
3. All prize draw entries must be received by the Promoter by the closing dates. All prize draw entries received after the closing dates will be automatically disqualified.
4. No purchase necessary, internet access required. To enter this promotion, entrants need to enter the ballot via the NOW Bridget Mini-break website on the following URL www.bridgetminibreak.nowtv.com . They will be requested to enter their name, e-mail, and phone number.
5. A maximum of one entry per person over the Promotional Period. Entries sent in through agents, third parties’ websites or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. Promotion of entries through third party websites other than the host website is prohibited and will be monitored. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select a replacement entry into the prize draw element of the promotion.
6. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for prize draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, because of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the prize draw.
7. The Promoter will not accept prize draw entries that are automatically generated by computer using ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, completed by third parties or in bulk, are illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or in the sole judgment of the Promoter, infringe on third party rights or are unsuitable for publication. Any breach of this clause will void any prize award.
8. In entering the prizes draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize.
9. By entering the prize draw, entrants acknowledge that their details will meet criteria outlined in clause 1. The Promoter will discuss the criteria with the winner during the correspondence to check eligibility and reserves the right to disqualify those that do not meet the required criteria and select an alternate winner. It is the responsibility of entrants to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and accepting the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
10. 20 x winners will receive the following prize for the NOW Bridget Mini-break:
i. 1 x night stay for two adults at Stoke Park Hotel in Buckinghamshire, in the Pennsylvania Suite
ii. Breakfast for two will be included
iii. Winners will be able to help themselves to 4 tubs of Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream and 1 bottle of chardonnay wine for free
iv. For each stay there will be a pair of bunny ears and a pack of absolutely enormous pants to take home
v. 1 x Opportunity to drive a silver Mercedes 300SL convertible car from hotel reception for the day
vi. 1 x three-month NOW Cinema Membership and NOW Boost
11. Prize terms and conditions
i. Hotel Stay:
a) The one-night stay will be at Stoke Park, full hotel address as follows: Park Road, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire SL2 4PG.
b) The date of the stay will be dictated by the promoter and is subject to change and will not be able to be changed once booked, overnight stays for the first promotional period (x 10 winners) will take place between the 7th – 26th June 2021 and between the 15th – 25th August 2021 for the second promotion period (x 10 winners) inclusive.
c) A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation.
d) Hotel accommodation is based on two adults sharing one double room
e)Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
f) All prize elements are subject to availability.
g) All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time.
h) Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended.
i) At least one guest must be aged 18 or over.
j) Where any winners are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission.
k) The prize excludes domestic ground transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize.
l) All beverages and food will need to be purchased and paid for by the winner directly with the hotel.
m) It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have all of their personal belongings throughout their stay and before checking out of the hotel, NOW shall not be liable for any loss of personal goods.
n) All guests have complimentary use of health facilities (indoor swimming pool, state-of-the-art gymnasium with Star Trac equipment, latest Boditrax technology, multi-surface tennis courts, steam rooms, Hot Yoga, spinning and fitness studios, outdoor Scandinavian sauna and hot tub and complimentary WiFi. You can also book golf and tennis tuition with the resident professionals and personal training sessions with our qualified trainers, additional costs may apply.
o) Due to COVID some hotel facilities may be closed or operating via bookable slots, guests will need to check with the hotel before their stay as to what facilities are available and how to access these. The hotel will be following government guidance and there will be no cash alternatives if facilities are closed due to COVID 19.
p) No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part.
ii. Mercedes 300SL convertible experience
a) On receiving confirmation of your prize the winner will need to confirm whether or not they want to drive Mercedes 300SL convertible car provided by NOW and complete the necessary documentation required. If they do then two weeks prior to hire the driver must provide:
b) There will only be one driver per stay allowed to drive the vehicle.
c) The vehicle is automatic.
d) Drivers will not be needed to provide anything further on arrival.
e)You will need to be over the age of 25 to drive the car and under the age of 75.
f) If the car is damaged the driver will be required to pay anything up to £1500 for the claim (this is the insurance excess).
g) Each driver will be allowed to drive up to 100 miles in the car on the day of arrival and can collect it from the hotel reception from 10am and will be required to bring it back to the hotel by 9pm that day.
h) The car will be supplied with a full tank of petrol and will be required to have a full tank when the keys are handed back to the Stoke Park Hotel reception, this is the responsibility of the driver, and charges will apply if the car isn’t returned with a full tank of petrol.
i) The drivers personal details and information supplied for clause ii.a will be kept on file by the insurance company for three years as per police requirements.
j) Drivers responsibilities:
i. What to do if you have an incident:
a. Make the vehicle secure;
b. Tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and call Webb’s of Weybridge office straight away on 02081338943.
c. You will then be required to fill in Webb’s of Weybridge incident report form when you return the vehicle to Stoke Park Reception. If this is not possible, verbal details can be taken from you but a copy of the information you have supplied will need to be verified and signed by you. In either case you must report the incident to Webb’s of Weybridge within 24 hours. Failure to do this will result in the loss of the pre-authorisation that Fever PR have in place with the hire company.
ii. Conditions for using the vehicle:
1. Only you or a named driver on the insurance application may drive the vehicle providing a full valid driving licence is held and a digital cover note has been issued to you.
2. You or your authorised named driver must not:
a. Use the vehicle for hire or reward. Unless this extension has been applied to your certificate of insurance; Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
b. Use the vehicle for racing, pace making, competitions, rallies, track days, trials or speed tests whether on the road, track, off road, land prepared for such use or the Nurburgring Nordschleife and whether the event is organised or informally arranged;
c. Use the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
d. Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless we have given you written permission;
e. Load the vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s maximum weight recommendations and make sure that the load is secured safely; and
3. NOW and Fever PR shall not be liable should the winner or winners designated named driver have an accident in the hired vehicle, this is the sole responsibility of the named driver.
1. Any charge for loss or damage due to you not keeping to your responsibilities;
2. A refuelling service charge of £25 plus the fuel if you have used and not replaced the quantity of fuel that we supplied at the start of the original rental. The charge will be based on the current fuel rates;
3. All fines and court costs for parking, traffic, or other offences (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay our administration charges, which arise when we deal with these matters on your behalf;
4. A loss-of-income charge of up to £5000, when Webb’s of Weybridge demand it, if they cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired or it is a write- off (can’t be repaired);
5. Any vehicle excess whereby a collision damage waiver policy has not or can not be applied to the hire period. Interest which we will add every day to any amount you do not pay us on time, at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank PLC; and
6. Value Added Tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
7. Miles are capped at 100 miles per 24 hr period and will be charged at £1.50 per mile in excess of that limit.
8. You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
iii. Winners will be required to redeem their 4 tubs of free ice-cream from the hotel reception which will be delivered to their room.
iv. Winner will be given 1 x bottle of Chardonnay wine to enjoy in their room over their stay.
v. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part.
vi. NOW Cinema Membership and NOW Boost Terms and Conditions:
a) NOW Cinema Membership and NOW Boost will be emailed to the winner within 28 days of winner verification via the email address provided on entry.
b) Only one NOW Cinema Membership code per person / NOW account and only one NOW Boost code per person / NOW account.
c) NOW Cinema Membership codes and NOW Boost codes can only be used once. NOW Cinema Membership / NOW Boost must be used before expiry date of 04/11/2022 otherwise void. Valid credit or debit card required to set up NOW account. Your month viewing period for your NOW Cinema Membership and NOW Boost will begin as soon as code is redeemed.
d) At end of voucher period (3 months), the NOW Cinema Membership renews at £11.99 per month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time.
e)At end of voucher period (3 months), NOW Boost renews at £3.00 per month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time.
g) Full terms of service available on https://www.nowtv.com/terms . Correct as at 31.03.2021.
h) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
i) NOW reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that NOW reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
Winner Selection and notification
12. Twenty winners will be selected from all correct and eligible entries received during the stated two Promotional Periods via a random computer generator.
i. The first 10 winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the first promotion period which opens at 00:01 GMT on Wednesday 7 th April 2021 and closes on Sunday 2nd May 2021 at 23:59 GMT (the “Promotional Period”). The winners will be notified by e-mail or phone on or around Tuesday 4th May 2021.
ii. The second set of 10 winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the second promotional period which opens at 07:00 GMT on Monday 3rd May 2021 and closes on Sunday 27th June 2021 at 23:59 GMT (the “Promotional Period”). The winners will be notified by e-mail on or around Tuesday 29th June 2021.
13. The Promotions Factory will contact the twenty winners on stated dates in clause 12 via email or the phone number given at entry, to confirm they have won and request the following additional information:
i. confirmation that they would like to accept the prize
ii. Confirmation of their age and that they are eligible to accept the prize
iii. Confirmation that they are free on the date specified for their overnight stay
14. The winners will have 48 hours to accept their prize via the method they were contacted. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner . If they cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period (48 hours), are ineligible or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant selected using the same methodology as described above. On valid acceptance the Promoter will liaise with the winners to arrange final details of their stay at Stoke Park to confirm the booking. If the promoter cannot contact a backup winner within 7 working days, then the prize will not be able to be awarded to another entrant due to hotel availability and room allocation.
15. Each winner will be given a designated date for their stay and this is not moveable, if the winner is unable to stay on the specified day then the prize will be awarded to a runner up.
16. The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
18. Any entrant data collected will be used solely for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winners to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
19. If you are the winner, you will be asked if you are happy to give consent for you and your gift recipient to allow NOW to potentially use your full names and counties for post-event publicity purposes without paying you anything. You will be asked to further agree and agree to procure that your gift recipient agrees to the use of their names, images and any video or voice recordings of them (if applicable) in any media in, perpetuity, as Sky sees fit. You agree and agree to procure that your gift recipients agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights title and interest in and to any contribution by you or your guests shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to NOW.
21. The Promoter will make available a list of winners’ surnames and counties to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests .
22. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
23. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, traffic congestion, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
24. The Promoter has no control over internet networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
25. The Terms and Conditions of any other third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms shall take precedence.
26. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
27. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
28. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect .
29. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means . If any entrant, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant selected using the same methodology described above.
30. This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction .